Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Ultimately as each day passes, the only REAL truth is that:

"The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older,

Shorter of breath, and one day closer to death!"

I agree that the only likely near term pps impactor will be the licensing program based on the '336 recert. I would think that they should be able to get some licenses done in these circumstances, as they can push the inevitability of having to license IF they can prove the infringement. However, without knowing that Textron, or Harmon, or TPV paid $10M or more, and knowing the history of the licensing program, I as a company officer would balk at signing a license at an escalated fee structure ($10M would likely constitute a fee anywhere from 3 to 10 times higher than has been paid before the last 3 deals for the 3 licensees in question).

If you were a $3B company, and you look at the roster of licensees that includes a company who got away with $290K while being 10 times larger than you, why would you be eager to step up and pay $10M if you aren't SURE that the fees have actually gone up or by how much.

That's why, IMO, it makes no sense to play coy any longer with the license fee amounts, UNLESS, their bark is still worse than their bite on what they've actually been able to get companies to pay. It was encouraging that the last quarter showed $10M in total fees, and even IF Sanyo was part of that and was the $6M fee that Moore referenced.

IMO, unless and until you're willing to let the market KNOW what your selling your product for, it's kind of like expecting milestone to go to Walmart for stuff he needs, yet not mark any of the prices on the products and hope that he's willing to come to the register and negotiate with you at a high price.

Ultimately, the point I'm trying to make is that while the obstacles are seeming to come together as far as being removed from the path of the MMP licensing, it is still a bit premature to expect $10M average pricing AND 2 to 3 deals a week average. When they are dealing from a position of true strength, visibility into the license structure would be a positive, not a negative, IMO, and if/when that happens, we may see what you are wishing for. I doubt we're there just yet.

New Message
Please login to post a reply