Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Pro Sports Lambert

posted on Sep 23, 2008 08:36PM

I know your a Pittsburgh fan I used to be too back in the glory days of Bradshaw, Harris, Green, White, Lambert, Ham, Gerilla, Bliar, Swann & Stallworth. Lambert was in my opinion the best linebacker to play the game. I loved that team and the great playoff games between Oakland and Pittsburgh and Houston and Pittsburgh. Those were great games and the good old days. But somthing snapped in me when Pittsburgh played Seattle in the Superbowl a few years ago. Seattle came out strong and every good play they made was negated by a penalty and a good game was turned into a one sided contest where Seattle was cheated out of what could have been a great game. I never would have thought a pro game was fixed until that day. Since then I've watched a few games if they are on and usually watch the superbowl but I'm not the Pro football fan I once was. I do love the college game. Probably the best football game I've ever watched was when BYU beat Oklahoma. That's why I like the college game as it's wide open and very unpredictable and just seems so much more exciting.

My family has a soft spot for Oregon State as my uncle Buzz played in the Rose bowl in 1957. He was an all American who played center and linebacker and was the last player to play both ways in the pacific conference. Tommy Prothro was the coach. I remember looking at news clippings and letters from pro teams to him. He came down with Leukemia his senior year in practice and a month later died in the hospital listening to the Oregon State football game. I often wondered what pro team he might have gone to and if he would have ended up coaching somewhere. Even though I never watched a game he was one of my heros I had growing up. I would love to get some of the movies on a DVD of some of that seasons games. I've heard that OSU gave the films away to one of the players of that era.

All the best,

Steve

New Message
Please login to post a reply