Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Why is Obama an Idol?

posted on Oct 27, 2008 09:16AM

I have been thinking lately about why the youth of this country think of Obama, the most liberal Senator, as an idol. Aside from the fact that most institutions of higher learning have mostly left leaning professors, which I fear may be a result of years of ACORN money going to schools to teach liberal views via people like Mr. Ayers, I think it is how this younger generation has been raised. They have had a long exposure to rap music and sports Icons the last 15 years. I don't want this to sound racist because it is not intended to be, but most of the idol figures in these areas are African-American. American children have grown up with these "idols" and have seen them as role models. That may good and in some cases it may be bad. I think it has changed the views of white America's children toward blacks (in a positive light). That's good. There is no room for racism in this country. That being said, some of these "idols" that these kids looked up to are not the best America has to offer. They seem to always have run-ins with the law, poor family values and drug issues. Sounds like Hollywood doesn't it? Anyway, the reason they love Obama is that he has some of these "idol" qualities and they see a problem with that. That in itself may be our biggest problem.

Does any of this make sense?

New Message
Please login to post a reply