HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Buy? Sell? Hold?

posted on Sep 16, 2007 07:51AM

My normal rule is to sell a portion of a stock when, on a runup, it exceeds 10% of the total value of my portfolio.  This is diversifying AWAY from success, and so runs against "common sense."  But it does serve to reduce the emotional force of greed.  Doing so has worked extremely well for me in the past.

The value of Not is now 22% of my portfolio, but I have not yet sold any on this runup.  Why? 

Am I allowing greed to determine my trading?  Is it because the runup in Not so far has been unusually fast and extreme, and I am just slow in in reacting and applying my 10% rule?  Or is it because I bought Not as a lottery ticket, and the results of the lottery have not yet been announced?

Perhaps I'm kidding myself, but I'm taking the lottery ticket approach as the reason for  violating my usual 10% rule.

Bottom LineAs I posted before, I am holding my position intact until I learn about any PGM in the ore deposit, and more about the size of the deposit.  I may be disappointed, but I accept that as a risk to goes with buying a lottery ticket.

New Message
Please login to post a reply