HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Just noticed a mention of Dr. Franklin

posted on Sep 18, 2007 08:20AM

I remember in the interview with Nemis, RN mentioned Dr Franklin's work in the McFaulds area and how it was the initial discovery years ago. I came across this a second ago. May be of some interest.

The exploration program to date supports Dr. Jim Franklin's initial review and comments on the area, that were originally made during the summer of 2003 (full text available on Spider's website www.spiderresources.com ) "In summary the area intersected by the drill holes contains evidence of a large hydrothermal system, and the potential for discovery of an economic Cu-Zn (Noranda-style) volcanogenic massive sulphide deposit is good." He goes on to state " This part of the Sachigo Belt, although exceptionally poorly known, may contain a typical distribution of VMS deposits; this includes one giant (25 million tonnes) deposit and 3 to 8 smaller (1 - 5 mt) deposits, based on a comparison with other better known productive belts. Much more knowledge about the nature of the physical volcanism is needed to refine this estimate." It is UC's belief that this area has the signatures of a Matagami or Noranda-type VMS setting, as widespread VMS style sulphide zones have been discovered as the result of the work completed by Spider and KWG over the past 5 years.

The full text was found on the U.C. web site,,,,,here is a link to those interested.

http://www.ucresources.net/exploration/mcfaulds_lake/project_summary/

I must tell you,,,I am at a loss to some degree as which area play would be best,,,,,My guess is we really won't know until we get map of drill hole locations. Maybe others know better than I do,,,

New Message
Please login to post a reply