HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Brokers: My opinion.

in response to by
posted on Oct 10, 2007 08:36AM

I have been trading on line first with Waterhouse, subsequently TD Waterhous, and now with its successor, TD Ameritrade. Previously I had been with two brokers at two "highly respected" US brokerages. Both made more money on my account that I did, and, in fact, both lost me money, and I knew I could do that well on my own.

I have had ups and downs over the past 11 or 12 years but have learned along the way and am currently "comfortable" with my holdings — almost all precious metals and foreign currency and foreign stock ETFs.

I learned of NOT thru Jason Hommel. Some time back I asked if anyone on this board had learned of NOT thru a broker. As I recall, NO ONE HAD. (Have any of you?) I simply do not trust brokers to act in MY interest. As it turns out, my "mistakes" have not been as expensive as my past brokers' "best advice". 

I am quite comfortable with the buys I have made, based on what I read, much of it on stock boards. I also subscribe to Richard Russell's Dow Theory Letters and Peter DeGraff's Prudent ?? (I don't want to look it up for fear of loosing this posting). Both are bullish on gold. 

In this "business" each of us is responsible for his or her decisions. But make a decision based on YOUR OWN experience. It came down to two questions for me: "Did my broker make me money?" and if not "Why not dump her and sign on with a discount broker?" 

I currently pay $9.99 per trade with TDA and $8.00 per trade with Vanguard. (I have the TDA account for stocks under $1 for which Vanguard charges me those high old brokerage commisions.) 

New Message
Please login to post a reply