HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

You said,

"It is unusual for a PR to be issued with no mention of % but merely reiterates over 'n over again "masssivie sulphides" (poor mans gold).  This is unlike  the glory hole #5 PR wherein "5.9% Ni, 3.1%Cu, 2.87% g/t Platinum..." were explicitly stated in the PR."

Actually the pattern of Not's NRs since the first Double Eagle halt has been to release that they have hit "visible copper sulphide mineralization,{chalcopyrite}", or that "hole number such and such has hit massivie sulphides", without the assay results.

NR of Aug. 29/07 ...described Holes #1 and 2, without assays.

NR of Sept. 10/07...provided partial assays for hole#1, and went on to described the mineralization in hole #5, without assays

NR of Sept. 27/07...announced hole #5 assays{spectacular}, and went on to describe the mineralization encountered in hole #7, without assays

Yesterdays NR described the mineralization in hole #12, {as well as other holes}, without assays

So, as you see, for Noront, there is nothing unusual about them releasing a hole description without the assays.  I disagree with the posters who have commented that RN made a mistake by halting for yesterday's NR.  The failed attempt to hold the stock down would have been tried at some point regardless. 

I think RN is keeping the pros off balance with halts, and NRs.  #7 assays could come as early as tomorrow{I have not heard anything from source}.  There will likely be more than one NR from now until the AGM.

Speaking of the AGM, I'm guessing RN will build to a crescendo at the meeting.  I'm sure he knows the meeting will be well attended by retail, and institutional interests and will want to make a huge splash by announcing something major, just before, or at the meeting.  This could be done by halting the stock the morning of the meeting, then releasing the NR through the normal channels about the time the meeting gets underway.  This way management could discuss new information at the meeting.  I have seen this done before, ......they hand out copies of the NR to attendees.  This is however, speculation on my part.

You might want to review the following:

TORONTO, ONTARIO, Sep 20, 2007 (MARKET WIRE via COMTEX News --

Noront Resources Ltd. "Noront")(TSX VENTURE: NOT) has retained IBK Capital Corp., of Toronto, to evaluate strategic alternatives to maximize shareholder value. Management and the board firmly believe that the company is undervalued in light of our gold project in Urban Township, Quebec, and now our new nickel-copper discovery on our Double Eagle project located in the James Bay lowlands. With IBK Capital's expertise in handling mining transactions globally, we believe IBK will help us unlock the true value of our assets for the substantial benefit of our shareholders. These alternatives will include the enhancement of the Company's share value for the shareholders.

BTW Benton, my wife and I had to wipe tears of laughter from our eyes while reading your "lexmark" post.  The rest of the post was of course excellent as usual.  Will you be bringing your Dad with you to the meeting....maybe we could all chip in and buy him lunch after?

Great posts from many posters....JohnD, Rosedale, Franz, and many more....thanks all.

OT.......Bravekind, I will be staying in Mcgaheysville Va. next week....anywhere near you?

Oct 12, 2007 05:41AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply