HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Misfit's Mid-Afternoon Musings

posted on Oct 30, 2007 03:23PM

Hi all,

I had a chance to read all of the posts for the day. It has been some time since I have been able to do this (keep up with a day's postings).

I am impressed with the valor and dedication that many of you have for keeping members of this board up to date and on track.

Many times we longs have talked about something called DD. That stands for "due-diligence". In the past, this meant ripping through a company's financial statement or prospectus and seeing if a share price was undervalued. Before the Internet this required the mailout of information, meeting with a broker with information, or visiting the company. In today's world, this information is available as soon as it is released. Buying opportunties that used to have windows lasting a few weeks and possibly months are now shortened to days, hours, and sometimes minutes.

Why is DD important? For two reasons. One, it can help you to determine whether a company is a good buy at a particular time. If the fundamentals and prospects for a company that you have been researching have not changed, but the share price has fallen for what appears to be no reason, then it is possible a buying opportunity exists. Noront below .50 cents is an excellent example, even if it had only risen to .75 cents.

The other reason DD is importatn is that it helps us to keep a focus over the share price bumps and spikes that the share price experiences.

There are many reasons for share price flucuations. Macro-economics (the sub-prime mortgage crisis for instance) where the whole market goes down is one example. Manipulation by shorting, naked shorting, cross selling, and either over pumping or bashing is another. The market is all about money, and as money is an emotional topic for people, the market is ultimately about emotions. Emotions of hope when things are good and fear when things are bad. It is what caused most to buy and sell.

I remember back in early August when the sub-prime mortgage crisis was hitting all stocks in North America hard. Even our lovely Noront fell all the way down to .29 for a split second. The likes of Bravekind, Canseco, Snezzer, and LTGoldBull and I were having a contest to see who could sell the most empty pop cans and bottles to buy more shares of Noront at under .40 cents? Why? We had done DD the previous December and knew Noront was a steal at that price. It should have been trading at .75 cents and due to larger market reasons and some delays in Windfall permit news, was trading much lower. None of us could have predicted the Double Eagle gift, but luck is often a help as well.

The lot of us would be happy right now if Noront had gone from .40 cents to .80 and stayed there just on the Windfall permitting. As is, we are ecstatic at the price levels of the recents months because of this new area find. What once was icing on the cake is now the cake it appears. And there is still a lot more cakes to be baked in the form of Mexico, China, Lizar, Burnt Hill, and my favorite, Hunters Point which is Noront's large Uranium property.

The key is that we did DD last December and followed it through for ten months by supporting each other on the boards. Some of us flipped some shares in and out during that time, but we held core positions because of an oustanding Bonanza grade Gold results in NOT hole 06-100 which returned 52 ounces of gold per tonne over 4.8 metres. All that we were waiting for was the start of the ramp and the bulk mining.

Over that time we learned a lot about Noront as each member shared a conversation with the president that they had made that week. Or they would share some technical information related to mining results, drill methods, ... It's all part of the DD process.

I have been guilty in the past of buying on hype. I am sure many of us have. My involvement with Noront has never been based on hype, but the solid news releases that Richard has been putting out since last November 2006 when I climbed on board. Before the Windfall news of last December, we were all hoping for good things from Mexico. Funny how things can just instantly happen on another property.

What I believe we saw today was a shakedown of those who bought into the Noront story during the past three weeks but have no idea of the significance it holds. Maybe they made a dollar or two and took profits. Or they lost 20% and decided to cut losses based on misinformation. I will say that many of these likely did little to no DD themselves, but relied on a broker, a paid mouthpiece, or other source. Many will likely be back in again when the tide changes again, which will probably be within the next week if history repeats itself. I call these people sheep as they follow the crowd and even feel better losing if everybody else is losing.

There were many who did not follow the crowd today. 7 million shares to be exact. Some purchased by many on this board. I picked up mine before close yesterday at 6.02. Do I wish I had waited? Of course. But I am not God and cannot predict the future with absolute certainty. If a JV or takeover news had hit this morning before open, I wanted to be in rather than out. So I took the chance and do not regret it as I can afford to wait until the market "gets it" again to sell these new shares. My core shares are locked and protected with a do not open until 2008 sticker on them.

What is remarkable about today is that the news was really great, as was the info from the AGM. Much like the news concerning Hole 5. If Saturn is a different type of car company, than Noront is a different type of stock. It does not do what you expect it to do. Never has when I think about it. The gold at Windfall should have kept it over a $1 throughout 2007, but $1 was not seen in 2007 until Double Eable broke.

To sum up, it is the effort of many of you that help keep good information circulating, and reminding those with their kids college funds on the line not to panic in the face of what experience shows as irrational market behavior.

All the longs from last year have prospered beyond imagination this year but it took guts and correct information and DD to stay in. This is the type of information that you are continuing to see from the likes of Bravekind, Rosedale, FranzNeuman, and a whole lot of others that deserve to be mentioned. For those who talk about presenting the other side of the story, just keep it real. Potential does not always equate into a fixed current value share price based on some conservative risk factor that is $2 lower than today's price. Give the large market buyers some credit will you MJ. Most bought over your $3.50 estimate of current value. This stock has traded for three dimes when the value of all the properties combined was twice that. And the bashers still bashed it even at .29 cents (anybody remember that camel named SELL)?

I cannot make the share price go up or down, and neither can you. Our information can help others and ourselves make smart decisions about stocks, including Noront, and how we feel about the events that often times seem to be in opposition to the current share price.

Companies with the real goods will really appreciate over the long run. The reason is that after any hype is taken out, it is what is in the ground that is sold to the market. From what we have seen in the NRs of today, there is some amazing minerals in the ground at Double Eagle and all in a politically safe country.

I said last week that this is a no-brainer and I still hold to that for those that have done their DD. For those who have not I encourage you all to at least read the MD&A from today's Annual General Meeting. It is available on the Noront web site. Use that as your compass, combined with the news releases in October, and then you can turn off your brains and emotions.

M1.

New Message
Please login to post a reply