HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: OT: Re: Why do shorters short?? Only hurting the small retail investor.....

If shorting didn't exist, what would stop any given shareprice from rising artificially? A distasteful as it might seem, shorting provides balance. We've all seen shareprice runaways based on "good news" which may be speculative in nature. Those who short a stock at this point believe the market has overvalued it. If they are right, the stock will "correct" thus keeping the shareprice in check. In a world without shorting, nothing would keep a shareprice from artificially over-valuing. If shorting didn't exist maybe Noront would have reached $20 already. But what happens when the story cools off and all those impatient investors decide to sell and there are no buyers to take their places? You think from 7.05 down to 4.40 hurts. How would $20 to 4.40 feel?

The reality is the market decides what the shareprice is worth. Today NOT is worth 4.40. This will change. Sometimes a given stock is overbought and sometimes it's oversold, but over time it will find equilibrium based on its actual worth. As Noront continues to define this deposit, so too will the shareprice reflect its proper value.

Shorting should not hurt the retail investor because an "investment" is something you do longterm. You lock in your GIC for 3, 4, 5 years as an investment, gathering higher yeilds the longer your money is "tied up. If you believe Noront is an investment, check back in a year and see what % your money earned (I bet it's a touch more than the $9/yr I made off my last GIC). If you believe Noront is not and investment but a stock to be played, then you have to know the rules, including shorting.

I don't have a margin account so I've never shorted. I'm holding on to my shares in Noront because I believe in the company. If I'm wrong I'll survive. If I'm right, I'll make my 7 figures. I bet no one shorting any stock will make 7 figures, especially those who short Noront.

Best to all.

CH

Nov 19, 2007 09:54PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply