HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Kudos to billythekid on his post. We need thoughtful, reasoned observations and analysis on this board, and I believe that, by and large, we are getting them.

My thanks to those posters who are helping me understand more about mining and mining stocks in general, and NOT in particular. That being said, we all know in our hearts that NOT is a speculative stock, and that our investments in NOT are at risk. The investing landscape is littered with thousands of failed mining companies.

You can not accumulate unless you speculate. Those of us long on NOT are hoping to accumulate wealth/money/asets by speculating that the outlook for NOT is favourable, and that the upside potential offsets the downside risk.

Investing in stocks is by its very nature speculative, because any company, no matter how solid, and its stock price, can experience a downturn for a myriad number of reasons. If you have thought about your investment before your purchase of NOT (or your purchase of any other stock, for that matter) [i.e. if you have done your due diligence], and your reasons for purchasing it have not changed, there is no reason to sell, even if there is a downturn in the price. Minute to minute, day to day, or month to month price variations are all part of investing in the market. Mining ventures which are start-ups (and I believe NOT falls into this category) represent speculative investing: You are not putting your money into a money market fund or a GIC, and NOT is not going to pay any dividends to its shareholders in the forseeable future. Your purchase of NOT is based on your hope/belief that its ventures are going to be ultimately successful, and that the stock price will rise enogh to compensate you for the speculative risk you have assumed in your stock purchase.

On the other hand, if your reasons for purchasing the stock have changed, and/or if you the price has met your predetermined target (either up or down), you sell and move on.

New Message
Please login to post a reply