HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Who was asking how to caluculate vertical depth?

in response to by
posted on Jan 07, 2008 04:55AM

LanceSwago can answer this too. He's a toolmaker and I used to be one also. Basic Tool in Windsor, Lance.

Calculating the vertical depth of the drill hole is trigonometry. Hole 18 was set at 69%, therefore, we use the drill hole as hypoteneuse, the vertical measurement would be opposite side and the flat ground, adjacent side. Sine of 69 is .93358 so, for example the hit at 191.7 meters is 179 meters down. The hit at 230 meters is 215 straight down, ergo, 36meters thick.

This is however, useless information unless the vein is running parallell to the surface and uniform in thickness, and they seldom are, including this deposit.

The easiest way to calculate true widths is to wait til they tell you, or bug Rockaur to tell you, as he obviously has some nice 3d software.

I remember asking my math teacher in high school why the hell I had to learn trig, and he said some day I would use it but I did not believe him. I was wrong. Use it all the time.

Google Dave's short course in trigonometry for a refresher.

The Trucker

New Message
Please login to post a reply