HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

The Road

posted on Feb 23, 2008 01:32PM

Transportation, in a timely fashion, of a concentrate produced at the minesite to a smelter/refinery is the issue. Raglan was not given the green light until it was determined that there was a high probabilty that with modern shipping technology, that concentrate could be shipped essentially "all year" to the "company owned" smelter in Sudbury.

Winter roads are "winter roads", subject to unprodictable weather conditions. Two months, two weeks, who knows. A major uncertainty. However, with due respect to previous postings, the Ont Govt may, or may not, subsidize an all weather road to the McFaulds Lake area as they do have major problems with health and educatio issues in First Nations communities in the area at large. If they do, great, it means that the capital cost of establishing a mine will be less for the shareholders of NOT.

With respect to the Wasserman report which stated that construction of an all season road to Marten Falls is to be finished in late 2008, I can not find any corroborating references. If there is one, please let me know as that would considerably lessen the capital costs of an all season road to the Double Eagle property from an existing all seasons road at Pickel Lake.

My preliminary "back of the envelope" analysis takes the construction of an all seasons road into account, with no Govt subsidies.

What my analysis suggests, that if my assumptions are in the right ball park, is that DE1 may be profitable enough to proceed to mine development with a partner who has very deep pockets.

New Message
Please login to post a reply