HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Here's What I Read-JD No Bs

posted on Apr 24, 2008 12:07PM
Customer Service CentreHome
Search for:
Canadian Sites Only Advanced Search Rate This Page
- More sections - Employment Entertainment Features Finance Games Government Kids Corner Lifestyle News Shaw Rewards Shopping Site of the Week Archive Software Downloads Sports Tech Stuff Teen Scene Travel
Local Content
Your Province:
- Please select - Alberta British Columbia Manitoba Ontario Saskatchewan
Your City:
- Please select -
Make this my default location
Stocks
Symbol
TV Listings
Postal Code
My Reminders
No reminders added.
My Bookmarks
No bookmarks added.
Home > News > National News Article
No new mining without aboriginal consent or face protests across Ontario: Chiefs
at 11:48 on April 24, 2008, EDT.
By THE CANADIAN PRESS

TORONTO - The province's aboriginal chiefs say Ontario should stop allowing mining without the consent of First Nations or face widespread protests across the north.

Ontario's Regional Chief Angus Toulouse says First Nation communities are tired of watching mining companies take over their traditional land without permission or consultation.

Toulouse says overhauling the Mining Act to include aboriginal people should be the government's top priority.

In the meantime, Toulouse says the Liberals should stop allowing mining companies to stake claims to traditional aboriginal land without the consent of the local community.

If they don't, Toulouse says there is going to be "conflict all over the North."

Premier Dalton McGuinty says the Liberals are keen to revise the Mining Act which he says is outdated.

©The Canadian Press, 2008
Opinions expressed on this page are those of the reporting journalists. Shaw Cable does not necessarily share those opinions.

Submit Feedback to The Canadian Press.

> News Home
> National Headlines
> World Headlines
> Sports Headlines
> Entertainment Headlines
> Canadian economy stalling as exports hit hard: Bank of Canada
> Familiarity not exactly breeding contentment with Harper and Dion: poll
> Lawyer for Paul Bernardo's victims says killer's hope for early release is futile
> Search continues for rare monkey stolen from New Brunswick zoo
more National news...
© 2008 - Shaw Cablesystems - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy
New Message
Please login to post a reply