HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Dear B

My interpretation is based on the application of two generally accepted geological concepts.

The first is the "billiard ball" model of Tony Naldrett, where a zone of massive sulphides accumulates in the basal portion of body and grades upwards into a net-textured zone followed by a zone of disseminated mineralization. If you review the published descriptions of core from the DDHs from DE1, and pay special attention to their azimuths and dips, I think that you will see a pattern which suggests that the "top" is to the east.

In addition, in the Superior Province, different volcanic cycles have been well documented and generally consist of an abundance in the lower portions of ultramafic/mafic rocks grading upwards into more felsic rocks. In some cases, Ni/Cu mineralization is associated with the former and Cu/Zn mineralization with the upper felsic rocks. I think that we may be seeing a similar phenomenon in the McFaulds area. DE1 and DE2 in a lower ultramafic sequence and the original base metal (i.e. Cu/Zn) discoveries of Spider et al, in a younger, upper felsic sequence to the east within a cycle.

Again, its only an educated guess on my part with the limited information provided so far. Maybe a good question to refer to RN. If you are talking to him, I would also be interested in hearing more information about the contact relationships between the ultramafic rocks and the enclosing rocks.

Hope this helps.

geoprof

New Message
Please login to post a reply