HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Geoprof, I thought you were talking about the WSR/Metalex hit when you characterized it somewhat negatively as VMS as opposed to MMS. Now I am confused as you seem to be describing DE2 as VMS as well. The only mention of Pyrite I can find was in respect to AT3. Maybe you could provide the visual description for this. You said:

"Pyrite has not been identified at DE1, only DE2. At the latter, it has been connected with a zone of shearing or deformation. I would conclude that the pyrite there is most likely a result of late stage, secondary hydrothermal activity associated with metamorphism of the primary magmatic (i.e. MSS) assemblage."

When I look at the visual desriptions of DE2 I dont see any mention of Pyrite.

Feb 25 NR -

HIGHLIGHTS

- Nickel-copper massive sulphides in a sheared deformation zone hosted by peridotite have been encountered in four holes, located 2 kilometers to the southwest of Eagle One while testing airborne and ground confirmed geophysical anomalies.

EAGLE TWO

This new massive sulphide discovery occurs at the Aerotem Anomaly #2, located approximately 2 kilometers to the southwest of the Eagle One magmatic massive sulphide occurrence. Four holes have intersected massive to semi-massive sulphide mineralization. The rock units encountered at Eagle Two consist of strongly altered peridotite hosting a multi-phased deformation zone containing veins of sulphides ranging from a few centimeters wide to over 3 meters wide. The deformation zone varies in length from 3 meters to 26 meters in the holes drilled to date. The sulphide veins encountered in each hole are composed of pyrrhotite, magnetite, chalcopyrite and pentlandite with variable amounts of talc. Large crystals of pentlandite up to a few millimeters in size are evident in the most recent drill hole (NOT-08-1G8). A detailed account of this new discovery will be press released shortly.

April 2nd NR -

Further drilling at Eagle Two (Anomaly AT2) continues to trace a Shear Hosted Sulphide ("SHS") zone containing bands of massive sulphide mineralization with visible copper-nickel minerals from the Precambrian rock surface (starting at 10 meters below surface) to 190 meters below surface where the approximately up to 21 meters thick, 75 meters long oval-shaped mineralized zone is within 30 meters of the favourable underlying granodiorite intrusive contact.

- Massive Chromite beds up to 48.4 meters in core thickness at AT2 have been encountered in the near vertical dipping, wide peridodite sill occupying the non-conformity between the underlying granodiorite intrusive to the north and overlying Precambrian volcanic stratigraphy to the south.

New Message
Please login to post a reply