HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Margin

posted on Jun 23, 2008 12:27PM

Buying on margin is in no way betraying Noront. That's about the same as saying, anyone who sells is a traitor. Buying on margin seems to me a vote of confidence in the company. However, some time ago I got called on margin and I was fortunate to be able to come up with the money. Now, I'm not a big fan of believeing manipulators rule the markets. It does go on I'm sure, but buyers and sellers determine whether the market rises or falls. On a thinly traded stock that comes close to this $3 mark, it may be tried. Nobody knows where new buying comes back in, so selling to push it below the call mark is risky itself. I believe there is enough trading in Noront to make manipulation difficult. So I don't worry about that much. I'm holding long no matter what.

But I read some good advice about margin buying from an article written buy an advisor. It made a lot of sense to me and I use that method now. This writer advised to use a personal line of credit instead of margin. No calls.......as long as you can make your payments you are ok. It may not be for everyone but it is worth some thought.

The price does give me some concern. This area only gets to look better and better as other companies come up with promising results. Buying is hampered by general market conditions as I see it. Once this passes and confidence returns to the market, or the results get so overwhelming, I see a rush to buy into this area. I think we need this to happen and we'll see prices we are now dreaming about. Thanks for so many good posts.

New Message
Please login to post a reply