HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

I think your cost numbers make sense. Infrastructure is one of the main costs in any greenfield mine development. Including the take over of all ROF players, infrastructure, mine development, mill, tailing dams, interest of all the capital over the 10-15 year of development you easily get into the cost range of 7 to 12 billions before you start producing anything. Thats why only huge deposits, if far away from any exisiting processing facilities, get developed.

A concentrator has to be built at the mine site, no question about that you can't ship economically that far. Rail would be better than roads, you don't want all these trucks on the roads althoug I doubt rail is economic . At Falconbridge some 20 years ago they used to ship the nickel concentrate from Onaping to Falconbridge by rail, but then switched to trucking due to lower costs. This caused traffic issues in Sudbury and unfortunately pretty soon after this switch there was a bad accident with people killed. An ore with 6-7% Ni would not be very attractive for Falco or Inco. The relative emissions of SO2 to the amount of nickel produced would be higher than their normal concentrate with about 10%Ni and 10%Cu. SO2 emission limits are one of their limiting factors and in 2014 or 2015 they will get significanlty tougher

Any ROF concentrate will go to Sudbury and not Timmins. Kidd Creek in Timmins is a copper - zinc facility and has very low tolerance for nickel. Presently Inco is shipping a copper contentrate(Inco's mill makes 2 products in Copepr Cliff a nickel con which they process themsleves and a copper con) to Timmins, but this is limited by the presence of some nickel in the copper con. However, if ROF comes on stream let us say in 2020, by then the Kidd Creek mine may be pretty close to the end of its life and then the processing facilities potentially could be converted to handle nickel. This would make the situation more suitable. Still way to early to tell.

Do your own DD before making any financial transaction.

New Message
Please login to post a reply