HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

The Winter Road Issue

posted on Jul 13, 2008 02:46AM

Thanks to all who have responded to my original post. My query was to gather more ideas on the issue so that the concept proposed by NOT's consultants of "direct shipping of high grade DE1 ore" could be fleshed out a bit more. I will leave the final calculations and engineering concerns to them. However, on this forum some have surmised that if we just look at the GMV and make a few assumptions, that voila we have several 100's of millions of $ net revenue if this high grade core is mined and shipped to a smelter/refinery. I think that in the case of Windfall's bulk sampling, that it could very much prove to be a profitable/revenue-generating excercise because of the simple logistics involved. DE1, I'm not so sure.

Without going into details, I have done a seat of the pants, back of the envelope calculation re DE1 using the resource figures given in the recent news release. I have shared the details with donypee via PM and would be prepared to share them with anyone else. Suffice it to say, in my opinion the most critical issue for an economic analysis appears to be the cost of transportation from the McFaulds area to a rail head. Not totally suprising is it? The cost of construction of a winter road as per a post by semismart earlier is not a major barrier. It is the cost and logistics of physically moving the supplies/ equipment into the camp and the ore out over a winter road which has a limited life. It easy to say that one could do this over a period of a few years, but there are then more recurring costs of a significant nature both with respect to the road as well as the camp at McFaulds.

I am not saying that it is not doable. It just seems improbable that implementing this concept will result in net revenues of the order of 100's of $M.

Respectfully submitted

Comments are always welcome.

geoprof

New Message
Please login to post a reply