HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Numbers for the world´s largest open pit Ni mine: Mt. Keith (BHP)
Jul 17, 2008 01:15PM
Jul 17, 2008 01:42PM
Jul 17, 2008 01:44PM
Jul 17, 2008 01:50PM

Please note that Mt. Keith could be called REMOTE location as well, and they have a "fly-in fly-out operation" for more than 1000 workers.

As was said earlier, if your deposit is big and good enough (grades) than a Major will invest big time to mine the ore, so shut up about negativity concerning remote location, folks :

Mt Keith Nickel Operation

Mt Keith Operation is an open-pit nickel mine located within the Shire of Wiluna, 720 kilometres northeast of Perth and 430 kilometres north of Kalgoorlie in western Australia’s North Eastern Goldfields. The nearest population centres are Wiluna, 90 kilometres to the north and Leinster, 90 kilometres to the south.

Mt Keith is a surface nickel mining operation, comprising an open pit and concentrator plant. The mine and mineral processing plant at MKO operate 24 hours a day on 12-hour continuous shifts, 365 days a year.

The size and shape of Mt Keith’s nickel deposit makes it amenable to open pit mining, using a conventional drill, blast, load and haul mining system.

Ore from the pit is delivered to the concentrator to be crushed and then processed. The concentrator uses the latest technology in mineral processing equipment and currently has the capacity to process 11.5 million tonnes of ore per year.

Nickel concentrate is transported to Leinster Nickel Operation from where it is transported to Kalgoorlie Nickel Smelter by rail for further processing or to the Port of Esperance for final sales.

Mt Keith is a fly in-fly out operation involving around 1,000 BHP Billiton employees and contractors

And here are the grades

http://bhpbilliton.com/bbContentRepo...

http://www.bhpbilliton.com/bb/ourBus... :

Mine

World’s largest open pit nickel mine

•Reserves of 243 Mt @ 0.54% Ni (incl. stockpiles)

•Mining rate of ~40 Mbcm/a

• Mine life of over 20 years (incl. stockpiles)

FANTOMAS

Jul 24, 2008 09:40AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply