HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Tuesday morning thoughts

posted on Jul 29, 2008 05:33AM
Tuesday morning thoughts from tradingChief.

Tuesday morning thoughts

Good morning. Overseas the major Asian and European indices are a sea of red. Once again financial stocks are leading the blood bath. This time the spark for the financial stock sell off, was caused by Merrill Lynch, after they unveiled a $5.7 billion writedown. Market sentiment for the financial stocks is very concerned, we will see more banking writedowns, in the next two or three months. Strong results from the energy stocks, is the one bright spot in the market, or the global indices sell off, would be much worse. There is not much on the economic calendar, to stem the blood letting, as we only have the Consumer Confidence numbers at 10 am, on the agenda, for today. The early futures numbers are pointing to another down opening for the US indices.

Back in McFaulds Lake, it was another day of no news, from NOT. However, NOT bucked the market trend and closed even for the day, but had one of its lowest volume days in months. The rumour of NOT hitting another monster hole at AT-12, apparently has the market in wait and see mode, as many investors are holding on, with the knowledge that good news, could be announced at any time. With the 13(MA) at $3.02 and the 50(MA) at $3.45, NOT's share price is consolidating in between these important support and resistance areas. At some point, as these (MA)'s converge, a breakout one way or the other will happen. Obviously news from NOT will be the catalyst on which way the stock breaks. If NOT can break out atop its 50(MA) and hold the $3.45 level, the 50(MA), would become support and there is nothing but blue sky, all the way to the resistance of it's 100(MA) around the $4.40 mark.

On deck for NOT we could be getting a news release at any time, on the visuals from AT-12, or an expected news release on a 43-101, from the chrome deposit of Blackbird One. The 43-101 is badly needed, so investors can finally put a valuation on the chrome deposit and it will help to put a floor on NOT's share price. At this point in NOT's discovery stage, its all about tonnage. Tonnage is the deciding factor if there is enough value in the ground to make a mine viable. The AT-12 news, if it as good as the rumours, could/should be the spark that takes NOT's share price to the next level. At current share prices, it is my opinion that investors will do very well shortly. NOT has so many irons in the fire, it is hard to imagine the share price staying this cheap much longer. JMHO

Word out of FNC is drilling is expected to commence on Friday. Peter Smith will give us a news release to announce once drilling has actually started. It is also expected that FNC will split off into 2 separate companies shortly. One will be the old FNC, with its McFaulds Lake property and the new one, will be for the Magpie Mining iron ore deposit. For each share of FNC that you currently own, you will end up with, one new share of Magpie. Once drilling is announced, via a news release from Smith, my bet is we see some speculative fever and FNC's share price will get volatile. With only 27.5 million o/s shares and close to half of them in insiders hands, this play should get exciting on expectations of finding the motherlode on FNC's property. A hit by FNC and investors can put the tonnage issue with NOT, to bed, once and for all. My plan is to take a position in FNC sometime this week.

The three letters, PRB, spells out frustration. There is just a total lack of investor excitement with this stock currently. The volume has been anemic, at best, and the expected speculative fever just hasn't occurred. The McFaulds West property with its current drill program has failed to live up to expectations, so far. We should be getting a visual update from Palmer at any time. I would imagine that drilling is finished or very near to being completed. Palmer has promised us a news release for a visual update, once drilling has been completed on this property. I realize Palmer runs a tight ship, but we have heard no rumours, no leaks, no nothing, ever since they started drilling McFaulds West. The market could use a big surprise from PRB, to shake up the entire McFaulds Lake investment scene. Currently investors are off chasing the Sask coal plays and McFaulds Lake is on the back burner. Hopefully there is room for both of these plays to take off.

FWR is still struggling to get its share price over the $.30 level. Lots of paper that needs to be cleaned up at the $.30 and $.35 levels from past PP's. FWR has some excellent looking properties in McFaulds Lake and once this PP paper is cleaned up, it is hard to imagine the share price staying down at current share price levels. FWR and NOT are two very close knitted stocks, they even share some JV's, with soon to be announced, drilling plans. I still believe FWR is an excellent stock to own, for those with a longer time frame. This is most likely a great opportunity to get some shares on the cheap, while this PP mess is cleaned up. It is possible the share price is being held down because another PP is in the works. Food for thought.

Yesterday we got a news release from TME announcing they plan to start a drill program on August 5th on one of their many properties in McFaulds Lake. The plan is to drill 20 separate high priority geophysical targets with this drill program. None of the properties have any history of being drill tested, so investors may be in for a few surprises shortly. TME is definitely a stock to put on your radar, as we should be getting lots of news over the next month or so from this stock.

UC also announced drilling plans in McFaulds Lake yesterday. Drilling will commence some time in the 3rd quarter, so investors have lots of time to start a position in this stock.

With so many drilling programs under way or about to start shortly, it is only a matter of time before someone makes a significant discovery in McFaulds Lake. These companies aren't spending hundreds of million of dollars on a whim. They all think they have a shot at discovering something of significance or they wouldn't be here. It has occurred to me, we need to start a list, complete with time frames for drilling, so we can better follow some of the many McFaulds Lake stocks. If anyone knows of a stock that I don't cover on a regular basis, that is currently drilling or about to shortly, please give this board an update. Once we have amassed all the info, I will put out a list, to keep the many readers of this board, informed on which stocks, we should be watching.

Best of luck to all McFaulds Lake investors.

Al
New Message
Please login to post a reply