HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Misfit's Mid-Afternoon Musings for Monday, August 11, 2008

CD,

17 years with this stock is definitely the long view. As the company is reaching its 22 year anniversary, you have held this stock for very long time. If only Noront was called Microsoft back then :)

I believe you are reading too much into my musings when it comes to RN. If you are a litigation lawyer, than I will act in my own defense.

The entire theme of my post is in support of Richard as the leader of this company until such time that he chooses otherwise. The point of my musing which I believe is valuable is to ensure that we monitor the company to ensure that we are getting full value for our investment.

This is just my own style but I am not content to say "wake me up when we reach 20$". I manage my investments daily as these are not blue-chips. They are juniors where one news release can wipe out 75% of your share value. I know a few people who were shocked when I told them that Tahera, a TSX listed company, and who's new plant was opened by ribbon cutting by Canada's PM went from $2 to 60 cents in less than six months (now at 4 cents). They never bothered to check their portfoilios on a regular basis. All they new is that they had it in their portfolio and were holding for retirement. Guess they should have paid attention. I prefer the active approach where I make decisions each week based on what I know and what has changed.

I commend you for your defense of Richard as he is our leader. At the same time, like the opposition in Parliament, I will continue to ask some questions to ensure we are getting the best from him. In May 2007 RN was roasted for not having an adequate investors relations for a $45M company. Juniors worth a tenth of that had better IR and web sites. While I will take drill results over IR and a nice site everyday, even the best drill results mean nothing if they are not marketed wisely. 52 ounces or gold per tonne over 4.8 metres at Windfall has still not received the type of news it deserved.

So we questioned Richard's handling of IR and with enough shareholder support he was convinced that maybe Agoracom was not such a bad thing over his old school "call me if you have a question" approach. Were we bashing Richard as a person back then? No. Were we bashing his ability to do investor relations. Damn right. Ask BK and others about our frustration about the lack of news between April and July in 2007.

I do not care about the share price at the moment and my musings are not designed to gripe about the 100 potential causes of a share price on any given day. I am more concered with the vision and strategic plan the company has than today's price. But in order to understand the vision and plan, I need information from the leader. The leader is RN.

My only concern in my last musing is that I do not want to see a situation where he is streched too far. The fact he answers the phone when shareholders call him is appealing to one extent and very disconcerting to another extent. As the CEO his time is crucial to moving the company in the right direction. If he has time to talk with the retail investor it makes a good story but I would rather see this time spent preparing a status update on Windfall or Burnt Hill or asking the CFO where the June 31 quarterly report is. These are things that investors expect on a regular basis.

I hold Richard Nemis in the highest respect and still believe his contract negotiating skills (which I believe would have come from his being a lawyer but I could be wrong on that and I apologize) are the best I have seen. Review the Financial statements and MD&A from Jan 31 and you will see evidence of some of the best property renegotiations I have seen. Changing (after the fact) the compensation a property owner receives just does not happen in the industries I deal with. Maybe junior mining is an exception. In the end it saved us millions.

All I ask is that we hold Richard Nemis to the same standard that we hold any CEO of a publically traded organization. I know he has more integrity than 99% of them out there but that does not mean we cannot question him once in awhile. The investor relations pressure we put on him last year is the reason you and I are posting here today.

M1.

New Message
Please login to post a reply