HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

You raise an interesting point Quack, and I will add a few comments hoping geologists will clarify as they see fit.

Related to this, and something maybe the geologists can help with, is what minerals are in the Ring of Fire Intrusion (RFI)? Since it is magnetically distinct, this would suggest to me (a non-geologist) that it does not contain chromite. However, I do recall from a previous press release that the RFI could contain sulphides but that this has not been drill tested.

As for the chromite hiding the signature of sulphide deposits, at Eagle Two, they are working back from the RFI and are hoping to find another Eagle One type deposit. My understanding is that this might be hidden by the depth of the deposit (perhaps in addition to, or even exclusively to the chromite 'shielding',) since Noront is drilling very deep holes at Eagle Two.

I also suspect that it might be more appropriate to see Eagle One as in the intestines as opposed to the throat (as long as we are reversing the normal digestive flow.) The sulphides settle in periodic clumps or pods before the magma flows into the RFI. (Think of lumpy constipation.) Eagle Two has been described as the throat or mouth to the RFI.

From the MD&A

"According to the conceptual model, the high-grade Eagle One Deposit is interpreted as occurring well within a conduit feeder, at some distance from the main RFI. The Eagle Two discovery on the other hand is interpreted as occurring near or within the “throat” or “mouth” portion of the conduit where it empties into the main RFI. The mineralization at this point in the system consists of mineralized zones that contain numerous thin Ni-Cu bearing sulphide layers or “fingers” that “feather” out into the main RFI."

Your comments:

"Seems like everyone, ( including Noront ) is following FWR's lead and getting on board to fly VTEM's. Nice to know the "home team" had it right from the beginning. Nice to know as well that the home team is ahead of the curve and not playing catch-up.

FYI, I consider Noront, Spider, and Freewest to be one big family: perhaps not equal, but they are inextricably linked by their history of relationships with one another in the RoF, and the fact that they share board members here and there.

And Noront DID state in one of their earlier releases that they would be working closely with their partners to share information and further capitalize on the knowledge base collectively. That seems to be what we are witnessing now.

Perhaps this snippet from the MD & A can further enlighten us on why some EM surveys are effective, and others not so much. I think a multitude of technologies must be employed to maximize the chances of success for this reason. Perhaps I've got it wrong, ( and I'm sure there is no shortage of persons who delight in correcting me, as in the past...) but I'm willing to throw it out there for the group to conduct DD with. If the chromite is an insulator, any time the chromite flow is directly over top the sulphides below, the electrical impulses will be shielded by the chromite.

Chromite is an electrical

insulator; hence there is no electromagnetic expression from the chromite deposit despite the

presence of traces of interstitial sulfide minerals in the massive chromite.

For this very reason, I think this is why Eagle 1 has not been ( so far) duplicated. E1 was outside the chromite flow, on the "throat" of the conduit, was it not? All the other deposits that are potentially hosted by the RoF could be lurking right under the chromite and no one would be the wiser.

Hopefully we can put our heads together and solve another mystery here."

New Message
Please login to post a reply