HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Re: FWR news out-QQ-Girl

in response to by
posted on Oct 17, 2008 10:42AM

More good news!!Got me inspired and thinking again!! (May God help us!)

What's interesting from a geological viewpoint, is that this is the first NR, that I am aware of, which has definitively stated that a "layered" ultramafic body (i.e. dunite, peridotite and pyroxenite) has been observed in the McFaulds' area. The ROF "intrusion", hosting the Ni/Cu/PGE mineralization at Eagles 1 and 2, has been only described as a peridotite.

Large layered intrusive ultramafic/mafic complexes are known either for hosting "world class" Ni/Cu/PGE deposits (e.g. Norilsk) or chrome and PGE deposits (e.g. Bushveld). Peridotite intrusions, which tend to be smaller in size, can host similar types of deposits, but on a much smaller scale. Perhaps, the real ROF Ni/Cu/PGE "motherlode" lies within the main portion of this same layered body, which really hasn't been identified elsewhere in the McFaulds area, other than on FWR's property containing the Black Thor chromite deposits. Shearing at Blackbirds 1 and 2, may have removed evidence of any layering. If true, this could provide further evidence in support of Jim Mungall's theory of "conduits" and large magma chambers. However, there are presumably several very large, layered ultramafic/mafic complexes south of the McFaulds area (i.e. Highbank Lake intrusion) which are currently the subject of exploration by companies such as Canadian Shield Resources and Temex. Wonder if there is a potential link?

Respectfully submittd

Have a great weekend.

geoprof

New Message
Please login to post a reply