HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

So the market's crashing...it's not cancer!

posted on Nov 20, 2008 12:50PM

I am not going to preach patience. Why bother?

I am not going to tell you that we are about to hear of some unbelievable drill results which will negate all that is happening around us. I don't think that is going to happen.

I am not going to offer my miracle suggestions to turn this horror show around. I don't have any.

I am not going to bash the buggers who distracted us with their ill thought out proxy fight. Been there, done that.

All that I can say is that it is not about patience. It is about perspective.

If I fixate on the losses that have bloodied this market, I will surely go nuts. I will forget about my training, my livelihood, my family. I will become a creature of hopelessness and helplessness.

I will have given up.

I suppose that is a choice all of us have to make.

To give up, or to move forward.

I choose to move forward. I have clients that need my attention and my assistance. I have a family that relies on my involvement and my commitment to their needs.

The point is that life goes on, even when the market falters.

My grandmother, who lived through the the great depression and WW2 knew this. She used to say (and I used to think it a silly bit of simplistic old country bombast) "it ain't cancer".

How right she was.

I expect that at some point the market will improve. I don't know how, or what will mark the turn, or when. Nobody does.

To the extent I will consider my investments, I will limit my thoughts to these two: do I remain satisfied that the fundamentals underlying my original decision to invest remain sound? and, am I comfortable that the companies in which I have invested will remain viable?

With Noront, I am satisfied on both scores.

In fact, I have used this terrible downturn as an opportunity to increase my holdings.

And now, I will turn away from this market for awhile. And I will concentrate on those fundamental things, family and work that will keep me grounded, and quite possibly, sane.

I may even sleep for a spell.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Wake me up at $20.00

crazydik

New Message
Please login to post a reply