HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Long time no post

posted on Dec 19, 2008 11:58AM

I haven't posted in months. I don' t like to give bad news, and that's pretty much all we've had this year.

I posted about a year ago that the US economy was going to collapse. My only hope was that China and India would keep growing until 2012 and create a market for base metals. Now that China and India's growth are slowing faster than anticipated, the outlook for base metals is becoming dim.

I have a bleak outlook for base metals near term and long term. I bought Noront for Windfall before Eagle 1 was discovered. I thought they had found a gold mine.

Back in 2007, I was confident that Noront would find at least 20 milion tons of Nickel and the stock price would rise to a least $20. Didn't happen. Then I thought the Windfall ramp would lead to a mine. Didn't happen. I'm even right now and should be smart and sell my stock and put it in Hecla Silver or some other precious metals producer. However, I'll probably hold it, even though I'm not as confident as many of you on this board.

I read this board every day. There is still a lot of enthusiasm for Eagle 1 expanding and Blackbird 1 & 2 expanding. That might happen and this stock might make a run back towards it's all time high around $7. However, there are a lot of precious metals miners who are going to do much better with much less risk. We've been riding this horse for 16 months since the Eagle 1 discovery and we still don't have a mine. Will we get one over the next 16 months? Perhaps. Perhaps not.

The only thing that gives me hope for this stock is that most people believe that this economic downturn will eventually end. It has to, right? Someone will likely want to build a chromite mine if enough ore is found at McFaulds Lake. Even if that happens, the upside on this stock has fallen.

Sorry fellow Norites, that's just how I see it.

Newager

Dec 19, 2008 04:54PM
Dec 20, 2008 06:47AM
Dec 21, 2008 01:09PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply