HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Cliffs Notes

posted on Jan 21, 2009 10:06AM

Cliffs has six iron ore mines in North America with total production of 34.6 million tonnes of pellets/concentrate. That is about equivalent to the production out of the two mines in Lab West owned by IOC and Acelor-Mittal. Acelor-Mittal incidentally owns 63% of Cliffs mine in Hibbing and 21% of their Empire mine. US Steel owns 45% of their mine in Wabush, Lab. and 15% of their Tilden mine. Cliffs are a significant player in North America and are partners in mines with two of the three largest steel producers in the world as alredy noted. Their mission statement specifically states their goal is to "achieve diversity by broadening the companies base of products". Enter chrome at McFaulds. This is interesting stuff because of the possible involvement of not only Cliffs but the steel companies as well.

Mike

New Message
Please login to post a reply