HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Noront/Aurelian/JOE&...

posted on Feb 18, 2009 06:04AM

Joe Hamilton at Aurelian Resources had Options for .75 cents and company was sold to Kinross for approx. $5.86 per share after all adjustments.

Funny how his options are .80 cents here. History repeating? With the commodities prices expected to skyrocket for hyperinflation reasons and the mining friendly aspect of Canada vs Equador, I see these guys trying to make a good profit. We may not like the exact ways they do things but we'll make money along with them. 2 articles below. I appologize if they have been posted already. Even so, good to review.

Aurelian Resources Inc. (TSX VENTURE:ARU) is pleased to announce the appointment of Joe Hamilton to the company's board of directors.

Mr. Hamilton has over 20 years in the mining and investment industries and is currently Director and COO of African Copper Plc, an AIM and TSX listed mineral exploration company. Prior to joining African Copper Plc, he was a Director at RBC Capital Markets and was the Senior Analyst, Global Precious Metals Research based in North America. He spent 7 years as a ranked analyst in the North American markets, covering emerging, junior and senior companies. Prior to becoming a securities analyst, Mr. Hamilton was involved in mineral exploration in the Americas for 14 years, concentrating on gold-silver, copper, zinc and nickel deposits. Projects covered all aspects of exploration and development including grassroots and generative studies, advanced exploration, reserve delineation and feasibility work.

Mr. Hamilton holds a B.Sc. (Honours) degree from the University of Toronto, a M.Sc. (Applied) from Queen's University, is registered as a Professional Geologist (P.Geo.), and holds a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.

Patrick Anderson, President of Aurelian, says, "We are extremely pleased to welcome Joe to the Board of Aurelian. His firm grounding in exploration and comprehensive knowledge of capital markets will greatly assist us in achieving our corporate strategies."

In connection with this appointment, Mr. Hamilton has been granted 100,000 stock options that are exercisable at a price of $0.75 which expire August 3, 2010.

In related news, Mr. Anderson has been appointed as CEO.

Another ONE:

Oh boy, Noront Resources (NOT), by force of Rosseau Asset Management have agreed to a new board of directors and new CEO which include the controversial Patrick Anderson, former CEO of Aurelian Resources.

This concession came after Rosseau Management, which is a hedge fund company, became angry at the way Noront directors were running the company, so they recommended a new board of directors in a press release (Noront stock shot up 10% on the news). Noront responded by telling shareholders to reject Rosseau nominees and vote for their guys. Anyways it was getting a little ugly to watch it all so I'm glad they came to an agreement, but Anderson on the board? So for a little background on all of this, Rosseau was mad because Nemis, the CEO, was running joint ventures with everyone and their dogs out in the "Ring of Fire" area which is host to one of the most exciting Ni-PGM discoveries of our time, Noront made rediculous news with releases such as this showing 68.3m of 5.9%Ni, 3.1%Cu, 2.8g/t Pt and 9.8g/t Pd. The stock went from a 10-30 cents to 7 bucks and all of a sudden strong management became a very important issue. This is where Patrick Anderson comes in.

We all know the story of Aurelian, they had one of the biggest known gold deposits not currently being mined in the world. Stock is doing great, people are talking about aquisitions or possibly ARU going at it alone, this stock is a can't-lose bet...until the Ecuadorian mining law uncertainty kicks in and the stock crashes, Patrick Anderson and his board panick and sell a world class asset to Kinross for a few bucks. Canadians and investors around the world were floored, go to Agoracom, got to Inca Kola news, youtube, stockhouse and you'll find someone ranting about how much they hate P. Anderson. The man was so villified and hated for what he did to that company I would of never thought I'd see his face in Canadian mining stocks for a long time, I figured he'd be a good fit in Australia or Asia, but in Northern Ontario? ugh.

New Message
Please login to post a reply