HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Another perspective about the secrecy of the BOD

posted on Mar 17, 2009 07:26AM

I picked up my copy of the Big Score last night and read some chapters again for the hundredth time.

A few things came to mind. I thought of Richard's words of," we've signed confidentiality agreements with 4 majors....."

Diamond Fields also did this which prevented these signed majors from forming a hostile takeover. Well are there only 4 majors out there?. No.

Friedland realized this and was extremely worried about a hostile takeover. So what did he do? Well, he turned to who supported him in the past and went after the fund managers. Unless you as an owner own the majority of the shares you are swimming in shark infested waters.

I quote from page 183

Friedland wagged his finger and said,
"you portfolio managers don't know anything. The biggest risk to your investment is that a company like Inco Steals your company at a small premium to what it's trading now. "

Friedland realized that he had to get some trusted managers on his side to form a majority.

Diamond fields had brought in assay results and a favourable geological report by the Toronto. The report was all that Deans (fund manager, First Marathon) needed. He shoved the information into a folder that he and his colleagues called the "holy shit file", and started buying Diamond Fields. Under his direction Marathon Equity bought heavily starting at about $7.00 a share. Near the end of March 1995 by which time Marathon Equity was a major Diamond Fields Shareholder.

I've been thinking of the high institutional ownership that Noront has and the recent big cross trades. I'm thinking of the lack of info to us but maybe the reason is for the same reason as in the case of the "holy shit file" shown to a select few for reasons that ultimately benefited the shareholders by allowing prevention of a hostile takeover for CHEAP. Did all the fund managers buy shares at .46 cents?No. If you as a fund manager had a fairly high average just like many of US would not not also be worried of a hostile takeover for cheap? Would it not make sense to work with management on a protection plan.

I've read posts that state, "maybe there just is no good news to report,"therefore the silence.

Well if you think that then it might be a good idea to re-read carefully the last news release . As a refresher read:

"Due to the high Cr and Cr2O3 results that Noront is receiving on a
regular basis, additional analyses are being completed using alternate labs
to confirm and compare analytical methodologies ......"

The use of the words high and regular sound darn good to me and it doesn't make me think of saying,"nothing good to report!"

If you have your share price where is currently is and you have a valuable piece of land with the goods in it, unless you own the majority of the shares perhaps, like Mr. Friedland did, you shut up for a while and show the cards to a select few to prepare to defeat a hostile takeover.

It makes sense to me the more I think about it.

New Message
Please login to post a reply