HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Re: Chromite manager - or......?

posted on Mar 29, 2009 04:51PM

Hi NN....

Another way of looking at the new CEO position perhaps is that the strength of the individual might not be so much to have experience of chromite necessarily, but rather to be able to bring Noront to the stage of readiness to be sold in whole or in part. Negotiating skills will be of prime importance and understanding the Canadian mining industry and the major role played by the First Nations would seem to me to be of paramount importance.

Our new CEO also needs to have authority as well as responsibilty and not be controlled by Bay Street or hedge funds.

Strictly as an assumption, it would seem to me that there must be loads of dancing going on up at McFaulds Lake with all the contenders for our chromite/nickel, etc. trying to decide who they want to dance with and at what price. Are they buying in to various companies below the radar - is there consolidation going on - who will lead and who will follow?

Someone with chromite experience will also of course have a huge advantage in dealing with the international market and the demand for chromite and ferrochrome.

There are two sides to the requirements for a new CEO - chromite knowledge or knowledge of the Canadian mining industry - what would be the the biggest benefit to our company? Is there a chance of finding someone with both?

Only time will tell and here's hoping it's sooner rather than later!

Irish

New Message
Please login to post a reply