HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

does the world need another nickel mine?

posted on Aug 09, 2009 01:01PM

posted this on the "mcfaulds lake' hub, dont think it sees many visitors......trying it here now.

Hi everyone,

I know I am going to be hit pretty hard and from many sides for this question - but I'm not a basher (though a soon-to-be-bashed!) and I think the time has come for it to be asked.

So, the question is.... given Voisey's Bay, and Raglan, and Sudbury, and Norlisk and Pennsylvania, and Africa, and Finland, and Indonesia, and Australia, and so on, why do we need yet another nickel mine? If anything it will only serve to push the price of nickel down.

Seems to me that if any of the majors do buy into this for the nickel, it will be to keep it from being mined ..... at least till existing supply runs down.

Now if you consider that the majority of the nickel mined is used to make stainless steel, and so is Chromium, and given that there isnt a Chromium mine in N. America, this makes Mcfaulds a Chromium play and not a Nickel play.

Which makes FWR, KWG & SPQ far more important than NOT.

Have I missed something in my reasoning - Hoov, Snug, Glorieux, QQ girl, Khareema, Been There ? Anyone of the other posters who through their comments have added so much to my knowledge of geology, exploration and mining.

thanks. all replys are really appreciated.

New Message
Please login to post a reply