HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

FEAR

posted on Aug 31, 2009 10:45PM

There are so many headlines speaking fear of this and fear of that. Should we be fearful to be holding a stock like Noront in these times. A stock with high grade nickel, copper, platinum, pallatium, chromium, gold , silver, titanium, vanadium (if I forgot one...sorry).

Look at today's TSX headline commodity worries. Yet, explain the article below to me.The one about a mere 1.7billion being spend in the dreaded commodity world. What about fear of a currency that is not backed up by gold. A currency that is not redeemable in gold. A currency that is "legal tender" . Whatever "legal tender" means in this world today. What about that FEAR. Yet it seems to me there is less fear trading in some 1.7Billion of currency for a stake in a Canadian Treasure like the oil sands. I feel good about my Noront stocks and so did Dundee today. So cozy did Dundee feel today that they bought more Noront shares to capture more of the Noront nest despite the TSX market today.

This was a headline on the TSX today:

Back

"Canadian stocks drop on China-related commodities worries

TSX ends month with modest gain, lagging U.S., U.K. counterparts

Canadian shares fell sharply Monday as fears about a slowdown in Chinese lending sparked a sell-off in metals, oil and global equities. But bank stocks staged an afternoon rally. "

WELL, China did not show fear shown below. $1.7 Billion is not chump change.

Jim Sinclair’s Commentary

"China keeps marching on its "Dollar Distribution" for minerals and energy.

Only a pinhead would consider China in dollar prison.

PetroChina to take 60 percent stake in Athabasca Oil Sands for $1.7 billion
Bureau News
August 31st, 2009

PetroChina to take oil sands stake for $1.7B

TORONTO — PetroChina Co., Asia’s largest oil and gas company, is making a $1.7 billion investment in the Canadian oil sands.

Athabasca Oil Sands Corp. said Monday that PetroChina is buying a 60 percent working interest in its Mackay River and Dover oil sands projects in northeastern Alberta"

Aug. 31 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve will be unable to prevent the trillions of dollars in government stimulus pumped into the U.S. economy from stoking inflation over the next decade, a survey of business economists showed.

The fact that China would spend this kind of money now for OIL SANDS speaks volumes to me. Oil needs to be over 80bucks a barrel to make oil sand viable. It seems to me that the belief of "infinity stimulus creating inflation" is believed. You just dont spend that kind of money if you believe oil is going back to the 30ish bucks a barrel. I keep thinking of the recent 20million bucks that Noront raised in 2 days that was oversubscribed. I keep thinking of Noront's words the market came to us not the other way around. I think about this 1.7 billion in this NR. If you believe the prices of commodites are going to tank why spend this money now?

New Message
Please login to post a reply