HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

The Importance of Platinum and Palladium

posted on Nov 19, 2009 07:08PM

After todays announcement of high grade platinum I was reminded of an article from the Sudbury Mining Solutions Journal (March 1, 2008, Volume 5, Number 1).

The title of the article was "Noront discovery highlights record year". For those of you who haven't read this article Mr. Nemis was quoted as saying...

" The difference with this thing is the grade', said Nemis. "If you just had platinum and palladium at these grades, you'd have a mine. With the grades of copper, you'd have a mine. With the grades of nickel, you'd have a mine. Voisey's Bay has no platinum or palladium."

Mr. Nemis was heavily criticized for this and other comments that he made in this article. I find it very interesting to read some of Mr. Nemis's quotes and relate them to what Noront and others are finding today.

I attended Mr. Nemis's last AGM as Noront CEO. In one of his final comments to investors he stressed that people should believe in the potential of the ROF.

The reason I mentioned this quote from Mr. Nemis tonight is not to rehash the past but rather to further recognize how special this play known as the ROF is and could be.

As a closing thought I find it a little disappointing that both NOT and FWR couldn't find a way to exist and work together for the betterment of the ROF and all investors. I realize that this is a business, however; IMO the ROF would greatly benefit from a FRIENDLY merger of these two great companies.

Sitler27

New Message
Please login to post a reply