HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Vancouver Resources Conference part 1

posted on Jan 18, 2010 12:20AM

Okay, I just got home a little while ago and we had a full day so I will try to convey some of what I got out of it and relay my interpretations to you. A few of us met up there which was very nice.

Here is the skinny on the first nation issue. Martin Falls Band is upset with KWG and Canada Chrome for charging ahead with the rail routing and not consulting them nor compensate them for the use of their land. They want the rail to open up their communities and not bypass a lot of it, as seems to be in their plan. They are choked enough to threaten to shut down the air strip which of course affects Noront as well. Wes is talking to them to try to mitigate the fallout that could occur. He said there will of course be disputes to resolve along the way to deal with and that is normal. He did not seem unduly worried, but rather, he seemed annoyed with the lack of respect and understanding from the companies. Noront has a good relationship with the first nations and perhaps someone needs to get that important concept through Cliffs head in my opinion.

I will post more about the other info that I gleaned when I have time to gather my thoughts.

Notie Girl

New Message
Please login to post a reply