HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

The Ring...So Aptly Named

posted on Jan 23, 2010 01:01PM

Hi all! Just getting back into the swing of things after a nasty battle with the flu. Yup, the temporary avatar pretty much says it all. What the heck is going on with NOT? I believe we have some serious games going on right now. I may be way off the mark here but here is my interpretation of recent events. In the NR announcing the equity financing, it appears that NOT was promised/pledged (not sure how this is legally done) support on their bid for FWR (round 1) and at some point some parties that pledged support reneged and sold directly into the market or to the arbitrage traders. One fund had publicly stated this on BNN (round 2). This in turn prompted NOT to pursue compensation (round 3). The parties that reneged have agreed to a PP @ 2.78 to avoid any possible legal actions that may be brought against them by NOT (round 4). These events definitely would not promote any goodwill between NOT and the other party or parties involved. Our share price faced downward pressure as these parties obviously withdrew some of their support (round 5).

Now we have the First Nations creating a blockade of sorts but NOT already has their supplies logistically close to camp (except for the big drills). This blockade does not sound like it will directly hinder NOT’s drilling but it does send a message back to Cliff’s about what issues need to be resolved before things move ahead. Then we have Wes on BNN and in a NR supporting the principals of the blockade and with this he gets the opportunity to shine a spotlight on the efforts NOT has made to ensure the First Nations people are involved with the progress of NOT and that NOT has placed significant importance on First Nations values and issues (round 6).

Keep in mind that this is my interpretation of events only, given on a best guess scenario. Any guesses as to what the next round might involve? NOT may be a lot of things but boring isn’t one of them. I think there is going to be an awful lot of jostling for position in The Ring before the final chapter is written. I have added to my holdings several times lately thinking that we must be close to a bottom only to have it drop still further as I’m sure many of you have but I’m confident at some point in the future these prices are going to seem like a bargain. After all, none of this would be worth fighting over if the treasure wasn’t there. Take care all and stay well………...away from anyone who may look like my avatar!

New Message
Please login to post a reply