HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Re: Chief Moonias on the railroad - from Northern Miner

<My comments in aquare brackets, all the rest are requotes from the post quoting Northern Miner.>

Of particular concern to Chief Eli Moonias of the Marten Falls First Nation is a 350-km long rail corridor proposed by Cliffs Natural Resources (CFL-N) and Canada Chrome, a subsidiary of KWG Resources (KWG-V) from McFaulds Lake, running south to Nakina, Ont., where rail infrastructure already exists.
< So we know who is upset with whom.>

Marten Falls and Noront began to work on a land airstrip - deemed illegal by the Ministry of Natural Resources in November - near the camps as a potential alternative to landing on McFaulds Lake and Koppper.
< This is some of the cooperation.>

Although Noront has had to halt its exploration program for the time being, it's being supportive of Marten Falls.
< Not had to but appears to have done so voluntarily in support.>

But then Moonias says he asked the government to also shut down McFauld's Lake and Koper Lake because they have become too polluted. That didn't happen.
< Biased government action? >

Canada Chrome has been dealing with the Matawa First Nation, a tribal council that represents nine area communities including Marten Falls. But Moonias says the council doesn't speak for Marten Falls.
< So Moonias must be upset with Matawa for bypassing him. Natives vs natives? >

Instead < Freewest> shareholders agreed to sell out to Cliffs in a $240-million deal.
< Marten Falls could be seeing it as a sell out to the wrong company, i.e. snub of Marten Falls. >

<I conclude from the above, Noront is working and presumably continues to be on good terms with Marten Falls, so any linking or blaming of the protest/blockade with/on Noront must be false. >

New Message
Please login to post a reply