HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Genuity/CIBC

posted on Feb 04, 2010 12:02PM

Please read this news release carefully and pay special attention to the last sentence.

"Canaccord Financial Inc. CF-T has entered talks with Genuity Capital Markets on a deal that would unite the country's largest independent brokerage with an upstart Bay Street firm that has made inroads in the lucrative field of providing merger advice.

Publicly traded Canaccord recently made an offer to Genuity, according to sources close to both investment dealers. The bid values privately held Genuity at more than $100-million and would be paid mostly in Canaccord shares, sources said.

If consummated, the deal would represent a marriage of west and east. Canaccord has its roots on Vancouver's Howe Street and has traditionally been a player in junior resource stocks, while Toronto-based Genuity was launched five years ago by a team of former senior deal makers at the investment banking arm of Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce. "

Here's my opinion. I look over at Agora time and sales which is 25 minutes or so delayed. I look over and see Genuity selling heavily but surprise surprise CIBC is buying from them. Makes sense to me when I read the last sentence in the New's release above.

I can just see it now. "Hey buddie, what's the trigger point for the fund you have, after all it's the institutions money that's invested.

Reply: Hey, Bud bring it to this price and the computer will generate a sell. Fund manager is powerless.

Reply: Ok, cool, Let's roll. Bye the way lunch on me next week ok."

In a crazy way I feel this wierd exhilaration. What lengths some will go to to get some shares. You steal from the best house on the street.

New Message
Please login to post a reply