HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

How NOT can beat CLF to the chromite

posted on Mar 29, 2010 12:22PM

In a previous post Edgy doubted that NOT could be first off the mark in chromite production. Here's how it may happen if NOT plays their cards right and the site conditions at the Noront site are favourable:

Noront can avoid the requirement of a Federal Environmental Assessment by steering clear of issues that require Federal Government approval. The planned undergound mine facility should be located in high ground that is free of fisheries issues. By mining the direct shipping chromite along with Eagle 1 they have the capability of requiring a relatively small surface footprint. If Noront is smart they will submit a robust environmental plan that will expedite the required approvals. Approval agencies for this type of development are the responsibility of the Provincial government. Following approvals Noront should be able to start mine development by bringing in the necessary gear on the winter ice roads. Noront can likely begin mine development and follow with early mine production of direct shipping ore in both the chromite and high grade sulphides by means of a ramp from surface.

Cliffs plan for a large pit will likely involve water/fish issues that trigger a Federal Environmental Assessment (FEA). The Victor Diamond mine FEA took 2.5 years to resolve following submission. The Musselwhite mine took 13 months to resolve. The Pamour Mine expansion that involved dewatering of a lake took 26 months. Preparation of these submissions takes time. Big plans take big times to complete. The big plan requires big equipment that will have to await completion of the new road or railway.

This post is being made to only point out what may be possible. In all fairness I am unfamiliar with the surface details at either site.

AFS

New Message
Please login to post a reply