HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Apr 19, 2010 02:29PM
Apr 19, 2010 02:53PM
Apr 19, 2010 03:33PM

Curt you write:

"Generally when you say within weeks that means under 1 month or you would use

months to descibe the timeline.

Maybe they found nothing.. They only have to report things that have a material infulence on the Sp correct? TTY"

Some how I doubt "they found nothing.". In their NR Dec. 8 Noront states:

" More interestingly, the high grade platinum and palladium grades triggered internal quality controls which included assaying samples with both platinum and palladium results exceeding 10.0 gpt for rhodium. Preliminary rhodium results indicate grades in excess of 2.0 grams per tonne associated with the higher-grade platinum and palladium samples."

Then I start thinking of the latest Noront presentation. I think about those bar charts. In particular the one showing that for grades of platinum and palladium Noront is currently 2nd only to the levels seen in the Merensky Reef. When I read the description below I start feeling Noront is in very good company.

the Merensky Reef, is a layer of igneous rock in the Bushveld Igneous Complex (BIC) in the Transvaal which together with an underlying layer, the Upper Group 2 Reef (UG2), contains most of the world's known reserves of platinum group metals (PGMs) or platinum group elements (PGEs) - platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. The UG2 Reef, the composition of which is relatively consistent throughout the BIC, is rich in chromite, but lacks the Merensky's gold, copper and nickel by-products, though its PGM reserves may be almost twice those of the Merensky Reef. Chromitite layers occur commonly in large mafic layered intrusions. A current theory is that chromitites form as a result of introduction and mixing of chemically primitive magma with a more evolved magma, which leads to supersaturation of chromite in the mixture, which in turn leads to the formation of a nearly monomineralic layer on the magma chamber floor.

Apr 19, 2010 03:54PM
Apr 19, 2010 04:12PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply