HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

( Normally this belongs in Off Topic, but it is the weekend and a long one for our American friends.)

My guess is that a broker does not sell to himself but at times switches stocks from one account to another for tax purposes because he is not just a broker but a fund manager for an institution such as a bank.
What they often do, to my never ending annoyance, is place one or two lot orders to use as 'blockers' or to maintain semblance of activity when there otherwise would be little if any.
Depending on retail account, these small lot blockers cause a higher commission price to the retail customer and also force one to trade in larger blocks of shares. ( I have one such old account with high commission price where this is an impediment to me.)

Also two or more brokers will rotate these small lot trades to control share price. Seen it too often. This causes a retail investor to assume this is the real price and sell a large block to them. They accumulate while the retailer complains of falling sp.

It is not the majority of investors that control Noront's sp right now. The majority is invested for the long ride and in most cases does not have cash on hand to take advantage of these prices. There are but a few astute ones that held some cash back just for this occasion but they are few in number and too few in dollars to make an impact. ( I have bought a few at 1.50 and 1.25 ranges but not enough to show up on
anyone's radar.) My average is below 2$ now, thanks to these.

These brokers do sell now at ridiculous prices because this stock does not have large movement ( nor near term potential, in their opinion) but they see potentials of greater profits elsewhere so it is profitable for them to dump here in the short term to gamble on other ventures. They will quickly jump in if they smell upward movement.

Smoke'm if you got 'em.

New Message
Please login to post a reply