HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Djo, you write:

"If you are going to shoot the massenger about Chromite , then you best shoot the right person. The person resides on the BOD , and his name is Joe Hamilton , it was he that about 2 years ago, stated at a NOT luncheon that Chromite was vitually worthless . This was in front of a large audience

Djo,

I believe Joe is right in what he said at the time. Hi didn't quite say chromite was worthless.. what he said is quoted below from Northern Miner. I agree with him.

Cliff's will have Chromite. Noront will have a supercentre. Cliffs will have shoes for sale. Noront will have a shopping mall. Joe was basically indicating that Noront is in the Drivers Seat and I agree.

June 4, 2009 Northern Miner:

But as promising as Noront's discoveries look, Double Eagle is still an early-stage project. And if Noront and other explorers were to find more resources, there is one essential ingredient missing that would allow the Ring of Fire to become a mining district – infrastructure

"It's obvious to us that without high-grade nickel in this belt, the belt is probably not going to get developed. We are the only company in this belt which has the high-grade nickel," says Joseph Hamilton, Noront's co-president and CEO. "If you don't have nickel, copper and PGE in this belt to support the development and pay for the infrastructure, you are never going to have economic chromite as far as I am concerned, because it is going to be really hard to get enough market share to be able to pay back the capital you need to develop the belt."

New Message
Please login to post a reply