HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Note Glorieux said Offer, so if there is any substance to it I assume it is an offer to us and not any of us having intentions to our neighbours. Nor would it be about an offer of someone else for one of our neighbours. He would have worded it differently, imho.

Also note that there is rarely a first offer that is accepted. First ones are generally feelers. So note the difference between a first offer and an eventual buy out price that is accepted or withdrawn.

Take the emotions out of it if you can because they cloud the opinions.

Under normal times 30-50% above recent trading price is what is offered.
We all know that recent economical events have been undervaluing all companies, so these are not normal times. therefore it is reasonable to expect an offer of 50-100% above recent trading average. However 100% is too much to expect from a first offer ( remember feeler?).

Also note that institutional investors hold the majority of shares and if they form a consensus they we are hung out to dry in the wind even if we are of same opinion.

Sidethree: "If these rumours of being taken out at let's say ,$1.80 or $2 are true. I would think, since retail would be the last to know, that our Sp would be sitting at these prices already."
That is only true IF a rumour is believed by sufficient number of investors to affect volume and price.

Glorieux is a respected poster here and his contacts are probably fairly reliable BUT not infallable.
Concur, Monday will give us a sign as to where the belief of 'offer'stands.

We should be getting an offer now because the deep drill results or another find from drilling on our newly traded claims could put our sp out of the comfort range of the buyer.
Any how If I was a buyer that is what I would do, before results are out.
On the other hand our BofD may well be sitting on results to release just after an offer to put the offer out of acceptable range of shareholders.

I do not think the Ring is too big for Cliffs. If there is money to be made then it matters not whether it is chromite, nickel, diamonds or even oil ( Cliffs not interested in Nickel? NOT). Financing can be found and infrastructures built.
However with the recent visit of the Chinese, I suspect more them than anyone else. But do not expect a good offer at the start from them. Thay have a reputation for shrewed offers and will go elsewhere.

New Message
Please login to post a reply