HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

"Stumbled upon in late 1993 by Newfoundland prospectors looking for diamonds, Voisey’s Bay was projected by Vancouver-based Tech Corporation in July 1995 to contain 31.7 million tonnes of base metal proven reserves with an average grade of 2.83% nickel, 1.68% copper, and 0.12% cobalt per tonne. The ore is almost twice as rich as the average grades in the Sudbury nickel basin of Canada. The copper and cobalt in the deposit are viewed as a fringe benefit; they will provide enough revenue to pay for nickel processing, thereby helping to keep down the costs of the project."

In March 1995 TeckCorporation aquires 10.4 percent of DFR for $108 million. So, back in 1995 when nickel was around $3.70 , this 31.7 million of proven reserves was worth over 1 billion dollars. The most recent talks with Wes speak of a doubling of the current 11 million tonnes...22 million.

I look at the buy-in of Teck and I think about what we have discovered to date factor in the PRECIOUS METALS not seen at Voisey Bay and shake my head when I think of the market cap. I look at the land mass of Noront ...so much yet to be explored and shake my head even more as I look at today's closing price.

New Message
Please login to post a reply