HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Sep 28, 2010 12:34PM
Sep 28, 2010 12:57PM
Sep 28, 2010 01:00PM

"Just my assumption because I could not see Noront suspend thier drilling to allow these gentlement from GEOTOP to make thier heat flux measurements.''

Hows about this... the drills HAVE to do bit changes once in a while... it takes a long time but it has to be done, especially when drilling through solid rock. So, get those fellas there and let them insert their proby things while you are taking a coffee break after pulling over 2000 meters of drill stem (at what, I don't know, 15meters apiece, maybe), and they could take their measurements and be done by the time you are done coffee and a cinnamin bun... Well, maybe not that quick, but you do get the drift. I can't see taking heat measurements taking longer than an hour or two, perhaps the time it takes to change the bit AND service the rig... you know, grease the bearings, check fluid levels, check bearings for wear and replace those that are done... Lots of maitenance to be done on those rigs to, I think... I've only worked on one of those reverse circulation rigs drilling water wells, and only for a few months, but there is maitenance to be performed all the time or things wear out way faster... according to the owner/operator of the rig.

So, an hour to unroll 2000 meters plus of line (hard wire, I assume), 1/2 hour to take your heat measurements and then another hour to bring it all back up to the surface...

Just a GUESS, but with a LITTLE education to go with it...

God Bless all Noront Investors.

Herb

New Message
Please login to post a reply