HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Today at 17:02

Partnership lifts off

By Leith Dunick, tbnewswatch.com

• Leith Dunick, tbnewswatch.com
Develop your swing! Get your Free video Assessment.Core Golf Academy is now at Whitewater. Junior Camps, individual lessons, women, and couple's lessons available. Elite coaching for all skill levels. Call today and receive a 20 minute video swing assessment!Click Here
Wasaya Group Inc. and a pair of First Nations development corporations are entering the helicopter business.

A long-awaited partnership deal between the three organizations and V. Kelner Helicopters Inc. was made official on Wednesday that eventually see four Eurocopter AS350B3 choppers servicing Northwestern Ontario.

Under terms of the deal, the finances of which weren’t released, 20 First Nations communities will own 51 per cent of the newly formed company, with V. Kelner Inc. owning the remaining 49 per cent. The 20 communities include five from Rainy Lake Tribal Development Corporation, six from Windigo and the 10 communities that make up the Wasaya ownership group.

V. Kelner president Frank Kelner called it a great partnership for Northern Ontario, one he said should fill a transportation void at a time when it’s needed the most.

“I’ve spent my life in the North with the First Nations people. I believe it’s a good thing to be and it’s a good thing for them. They need the support and I’m glad to be part of it,” he said.

The helicopter, though not specifically designed for the North, might as well have been, said Kelner, whose company has operated in the region for more than three decades.

Capable of lifting 2,800 ponds and well-suited for rugged terrain and year-round weather fluctuations, said Kelner, who as an original owner of Wasay Airlines is experiencing a bit of a homecoming with his latest partnership.

“This helicopter has been known for a long time. It’s always been used for mining and drilling exploration. This is definitely the choice of most Canadians, this type of aircraft,” Kelner said.

He added he sees plenty of opportunity just waiting to be snapped up.

“We’re definitely going to be going after everything we can get … Moving drills is obviously a big thing for us. Exploration and all that kind of nature of business (are good). Sometimes there’s flood work or water bombing with the MNR. We’re set up for that as well. Any kind of niche that requires a helicopter we’ll be set up for,” he said, eyes firmly planted on the possibilities afforded by the Ring of Fire.

Chief Pierre Morriseau of the North Caribou Lake First Nation said he’s looking forward to the venture and sees nothing but positives emerging for his community.

“As First Nations people there are no economic opportunities for the people of the North,” he said. “This opens the doors for some of our community members, being pilots for helicopters,” said Morriseau, encouraging junior mining companies to call the newly launched company.

Kelner said the deal, first announced in January, but postponed while the finalities of the agreement were put in place, took time to get done, but it was worth the wait.

“At the time we just were not ready. I’m the kind of guy who’s got to have all the details in place first and now everything is right and it’s real. There was no problem at the time, we just weren’t ready for it
New Message
Please login to post a reply