HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
  • The budget is seen in this link:
  • http://www.budget.gc.ca/2011/plan/Budget2011-eng.pdf
  • Look carefully at page 49.

Written in blue you will see ...based on information provided by partners in late April.....1.3 billion in federal funding...

I believe this pertains to the ROF. If you recall late April there was the big meeting in Thunder Bay (April 28) with Bob Chiarelli, Ontario minister of Infrastructure. Then April 25, with Tony Clement, a federal minister.(I've reposted both after this budget portion.)

Here is the portion I am referring to that appears in today's budget.

• Canada’s Economic Action Plan is on track to deliver $60 billion in extraordinary stimulus to support jobs and growth during the worst of the global recession. The vast majority of this support ended on March 31, 2011, as planned.
  • As of March, more than 28,500 Economic Action Plan projects had been completed or were underway across Canada. These projects have generated significant employment opportunities in local industries.
  • Following the extension of four key infrastructure programs, provinces and territories indicated that they expected a total of roughly $1 billion in federal funding to be claimed in 2011–12, out of a total of $7 billion allocated to these programs in Budget 2009.
  • Based on information provided by partners in late April, it is now expected that roughly $1.3 billion in federal funding for extended infrastructure programs will be claimed in 2011–12.
  • In addition, roughly $160 million related to other Economic Action Plan programs has been reprofiled from 2010–11 to future years.
  • ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Thursday, April 28, 2011

Infrastructure plan to include Ring of Fire

Saying the north is different, Ontario's infrastructure minister says our region will be taken into account in his 10 year plan. Bob Chiarelli tells municipal delegates in Thunder Bay that must include the Ring of Fire mining development. He says that will including building roads, the electricity grid and communication links. His infrastructure plan for the province will be released next month
  • =====================================================
  • Northern mining reps gather for symposium

By KATE MCLAREN, QMI AGENCY

Published on: 4/29/2010 12:09:53 PMFont Sizes:

Keep 'Ring of Fire' processing here, say mayors

By
    :
    Northern Ontario Business staff

Northeastern Ontario mayors are angling for the processing of the 'Ring of Fire' chromite ore to be located within the region.

North Bay Mayor Vic Fedeli said an April 25 meeting in Ottawa with federal Industry Minister Tony Clement was only aimed at discussing priorities and concerns for the development in Northern Ontario regarding the long-term outlook for resources industries.

Also attending the meeting were mayors Tom Laughren of Timmins, John Rodriguez from Sudbury and John Rowswell from Sault Ste. Marie. Absent from the meeting was Thunder Bay's Lynn Peterson.=======================================

• My gut is telling me that based on the choices for Ontario Leader,,,Harper would most likely prefer Mcguinty. This revised budget came out AFTER Harper won. Why not let Mcguinty ...be the big ROF hero that pulls it together ..while Harper sits in the shadows as a silent partner. This is my opinion and my guts talking. The media has also done the Mcguinty-Harper pairing.============================================

• Persichilli: Hudak sees Ignatieff in the mirror

Published On Sat Jun 4 2011

Some time ago I wrote a column about the similarities between the policies of the federal Conservative government of Stephen Harper and the Ontario provincial Liberal government of Dalton McGuinty. I wrote about Stephen McGuinty and Dalton Harper. This time I want to write about Tim Ignatieff and Michael Hudak.

You might argue that Iggy is gone while Timmy is here. That’s right, but Iggy’s successor, Bob Rae, has yet to present his own plan for the next 18 months (and beyond?). However, we do know about his predecessor and, according to what I’ve heard up until now, the Ontario provincial campaign is shaping up like a déjà vu of what we saw nationally leading up to the May 2 election — except that the Liberal and Conservative roles are reversed.

Make no mistake, this is not about ideologies — it’s about style and vision. Ideologies nowadays are just like hockey players’ sweaters — they change from season to season. It’s about a slash-and-burn attitude devoted to the implementation of one vision: getting power.

Watching the just-concluded federal campaign and the Ontario provincial contest that is just about to start is rather like being a spectator at a hockey game where the players exchange jerseys in the middle of the second period.

The thrust of the federal Liberal campaign against the federal Conservatives was about making accusations of contempt of Parliament and corruption, tarnishing Harper’s image, and attacking his government’s economic performance, competence and the huge deficit.

The provincial Conservatives are using the same approach against the provincial Liberals — accusing them of economic mismanagement and of incompetence and launching personal attacks against McGuinty.

Another characteristic of the federal Liberal campaign was trying to push hot buttons that divided Canadians, such as abortion. Hudak is doing the same. Last week the Toronto Sun wrote that Hudak decided not to get involved in education issues because “there is little to be gained by messing around with something that is not a hot-button issue.”

But the Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) is.

Doesn’t this look like a rerun of the fight over the GST in the 1990s? That one saw the federal Liberals fuming against this “tax grab at the expense of the poor,” leading Canadians to believe — falsely — that they would scrap it when they formed the government. In reality, the Liberals liked it and still are still defending it today.

In Ontario, provincial Conservatives were in favour of the HST until the day that the McGuinty Liberals adopted it.

Some might believe that comparing the Conservative Hudak with the Liberal Ignatieff is ideological heresy. Hudak, some might argue, is an offspring of the former Mike Harris government, the one that, as the political narrative goes, “ignominiously cut funding for education and health care.” True, but aren’t the federal Liberals the grandchildren of the Chrétien-Martin government, the only federal government that really cut funding to education and health care in the ’90s?

Hudak is no Mike Harris. You could disagree with Harris, but he had a vision, he had the Common Sense Revolution. The Hudak Conservatives have nothing revolutionary — their Changebook sounds more like another tablet competing with the BlackBerry Playbook and the iPad 2.

Another similarity between the Ontario Conservatives and the federal Liberals is the issue of party unity. Even if the wound is not as open and deep as the one still affecting the federal Liberals, Ontario Conservatives are still discreetly dealing with the way former leader John Tory was treated by his party. How much this lingering resentment will impact the October vote is hard to say, but it cannot be ignored.

This doesn’t mean McGuinty will be easily re-elected four months from now. The Liberals have to deal with some issues themselves.

The premier does not enjoy the respect that voters had for Harper, and the provincial Conservatives — unlike the federal Liberals — are entering the fray ahead in the polls, not behind.

But the race is still wide open, and Tim Hudak needs to come up with a campaign that is longer on substance and shorter on gimmicks.

What didn’t work for Tim Ignatieff won’t work for Michael Hudak.

Angelo Persichilli is a political analyst whose column appears Sunday

New Message
    Please login to post a reply