HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Ottawa star backpedaling :Federal minister says there’s plenty to learn ...

...during local visit.

By Jamie Smith, tbnewswatch.com

A newly appointed federal minister says he wants to help maximize Northwestern Ontario’s infrastructure.

Minster of State for Transportation Steven Fletcher is in Thunder Bay for a few days to get up-to-speed on the region’s transportation needs. Fletcher said he’s met with officials from the Thunder Bay International Airport Authority, Bombardier and the mining sector so far.

"I’m learning about the great economic opportunities that lay ahead for Thunder Bay and Northwestern Ontario," Fletcher said Tuesday at the city’s Community Economic Development Commission. "Really the purpose here today was to hear from the stakeholders.”

From the potential end of the Canadian Wheat Board monopoly’s impact on the Thunder Bay Port Authority to transportation concerns with the ring of fire, Fletcher said there is plenty for him to learn during his visit but cautioned that beyond regulatory issues, transportation needs for the ring of fire is largely a provincial responsibility.

"My goal is to educate myself about the needs of Thunder Bay."

CEDC CEO Steve Demmings said it was important for the organization to get Fletcher to the city.

"We want to develop strong relationships with all of our provincial and federal stakeholders," Demmings said. "It’s important that we’re on their radar screen."

New Message
Please login to post a reply