HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: More than just grassroots environmentalists and native groups

Thanks very much for posting this information, Misfit1.

I think that it is erroneous to conflate the tar sands with Noront's well-planned, small footprint mine. We have uncontroverted (by climate scientists) data and analysis that shows massive straight-up (hockey-stick) global warming whose consequences are being seen today (including losing ice roads... think about the additional cost of that!). That global warming is happening was acknowledged a couple of decades ago by Britain, Germany, and most of the rest of the world, to the extent that they undertook a huge effort to reduce their carbon footprint. Seeing their forethought and reasoned sacrifice, based on clear scientific evidence, being "thrown under the bus" for an irresponsible development of a massive infusion of GHG's is motivating darned near everyone except the deniers to do what they can (including donating their hard-earned money) to stop that project.

What is happening is that the concept of "grassroots" has gone global, because climate change is a global problem. It is disingenuous for the fossil fuel industry to try to play up the distortion that it's "foreign money" (we all live on the same planet), but that's nothing new.

I was in BC in mid-June 2011 where unprecedented flooding was happening along most of the lakes and rivers due to an unusually heavy snowfall and a very early and fast melt. The city of Kelowna had to rent 4 giant sump pumps to keep the city's basements from flooding as Lake Okanagan . There was no way to release more water downstream because that would have flooded whomever was downstream even worse. The dust-bowlification of the American Southwest has begun in earnest. Most of Texas was under a severe drought and huge wildfires last summer. We are losing the earth's climactic shock-absorbers in the melting of the polar ice caps.

So, bringing the issue back to Noront, I'd suggest that global warming is actually having a much more serious and negative effect on Noront through the loss of the ice roads (for now, the duration under which they are usable) and a stable surface for winter exploration.

Just my $0.02

New Message
Please login to post a reply