HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

In your opinion , would Rio Tinto be a logical buyer of Noront ?

My guess down the road would be...it would make sense to me for Rio to Partner with Noront. Baosteel, provides the "end user" contribution and perhaps some more money and Rio would provide the experience and also some part ownership. I really could see both Rio and Baosteel being involved together. This project is massive in size and potential.

When I first read in Nov.3-4 that Mcguinty was in China discussing Chromite with MINING OFFICIALs and bankers ...I thought to myself who was present to handle the "technical talk." What does Mcguinty know about mining? Who helped speak on his behalf? Who was there? Rio and Baosteel have a long standing relationship and I found it "coin-sidental", that the CEO of Rio Tinto was in China at the same time as McGuinty. Three weeks later after this trip Rio gives CEMI - in Sudbury 10million bucks and shortly after China INvestment corp opens up their first North American Headquarters on Bay street.

It would make sense for me that Rio take out Cliffs first. Cliffs taking out Consolidated Thompson just fattened up the pigeon for Rio. They did state they'd like to focus on low cabon footprints like Canada and they did state they'd like to increase their exposure in the iron ore market.

We wait and see.

New Message
Please login to post a reply