HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Re: ever wonder how the shorts keep it up day after day?

Seems like a couple of years or so ago Jim Sinclair was harping constantly on the wisdom of having shares registered in your own name rather than "street form". He then felt there was a substantial risk of brokerages failing and dolng the dirty with unregistered shares held for customers.

At the time, I told myself this risk was much lower in Canada where the main brokerages are chartered bank affiliates and as such in pretty fail safe hands. I did register some Aurelian shares and warrants in my own name in preparaion for a holdout for a court ordered (and hopefully beneficial) purchase by Kinross. However, we didn't hold on long enough to force the court hearing. I had to pay to get the shares transferred from Scotia McLeod to Aureliian and pick them up personally, so the process was a drag.

I followed Jim closely on Mineset and exchanged emails and had a long telephone discussion with him. He is a mine (pun intended) of info re gold, not interested in silver and comes across as quite shrewd. He was very persistent with respect to getting shares in your own name.

I am wondering if anyone on this Board has an opinion on this matter or experience with it. This, of course, would only be suitable for shares one intended to hang onto for the foreseeable future. It's easy to say "it can't happen here" but I believe there have been incidents in Australia as well as the United States where such losses were incurred.

Any comments?

O.F.

Apr 07, 2012 11:00PM
Apr 08, 2012 10:16PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply