HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

A hundred or more years ago there was likely great fishing in the Thames river of London, Ont. or Grand near Kitchener. Does anyone know if there are still trout in the Credit near Toronto? If so would you eat them. I used to regularly fish the Ottawa between Renfrew and Deep River 30 years ago, on occasion still do but the fishing is now a shadow of that time.

So the natives want their fishing and hunting as it always has been BUT at the same time they want modern and affordable housing and services. Soreeee, you can not have one with the other, there is some compromise to be made all the time.
Granted no one wants pollution as eminating from the tar sands but some marginal pollution and deprivation or natural resource from modern life style ( per above fishing example) is inevitable.

Natives need to realize that all those modern things come at a cost and the major one to them is a change of their way of life.
All they want comes from jobs and they will have to buy and build themselves from the pay they earn. There should be no give aways just for the privilege of so called tresspass. So called traditional lands are not theirs and what pollution there will be it will be nonexistant from Noront's mine and likely marginal from all the others in the Ring.

That marginal pollution will have to be accepted per southern Ontario's example as a payment for the privilege of having industry and it's associated jobs. And it is all about jobs and more JOBS, not much else.

BarbuBeatnik the first method has to be it but those treaties are outdated, largely irrelevant for modern times and in many cases need to be revoked ( war, maybe?).
The natives need to choose, or the choice needs to be made for them. i.e. Forced to join the rest of modern citizenry, liking it or not.

Enough of a rant from me eh? Ed G.

New Message
Please login to post a reply